Hello, Pituitary damage from Immunotherapy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 73 subscribers

Hi, my name is Louise. I was diagnosed with stage 4 Melanoma a couple of years ago. No primary source was found on the skin , it was diagnosed through a groin and breast lump. The melanoma had spread to many of my organs. I started on the double immunotherapy treatment but had to stop after four treatments as it damaged my pituitary. I am grateful that the treatment has stabilised the melanoma tumours. The pituitary is unlikely to recover so I’m on replacement steroids as my adrenal glands can not produce cortisol. I need to carry emergency injection kit with me. Is anyone else experiencing this side effect ?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your pituitary gland has been damaged following immunotherapy treatment for melanoma. 

I haven't had this myself but I know that a number of people in the group have. I typed 'pituitary' into the group's search bar and found these previous posts which mention it. You could have a read through them and respond to any of the more recent ones if you want to ask the poster anything.

It would be great if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"