Newbee

• 6 replies
  • 75 subscribers

Hi everyone. First time using the forum but had the cancer a while. I have stage four metastatic melanoma cancer   First diagnosed in 2018 with melanoma on my ear which eventually spread to lymph nodes and then lung and liver. Had a neck dissection last July which found some nodes had cancer in them. Had a few problems with treatment at the start but fingers crossed things are going ok at the moment. Just keep looking for the good days 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm glad to hear that everything's going well with your treatment. I was diagnosed with melanoma 4 years ago but, touch wood, haven't had to have any further treatment since the WLE.

There are quite a few people in the group who are having treatment for metastatic melanoma so it would be great if you could pop on from time to time to offer support.

When you have a minute it would be great if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi latchbrook thank you so much for the warm welcome. I have updated my profile, new to all this but hope to improve. glad things are going well for you too. will definitely be keeping in touch on the group as much as I can. 

• Hi Coleve, I also have metastatic melanoma diagnosed in 2015. I read in your profile that you were waiting scan results, snap my scan was done on Mother’s Day and my results will hopefully be ready for my telephone appointment on 31/3. How is your waiting period going?

Take care KT

• Hi KT

Nice to hear from  you. Hope things are going good for you. I find the waiting period a bit stressful as not knowing for me is harder than knowing if that makes sense. This time I have been invited for a face to face consultation on the 1st April.... I know hope no jokes are made. 
    just keep as positive as I can. Good luck with your results. Will post mine on my profile. Take care 

• Hi I am also stage four and am now on 4 weekly sessions of Nivolumab and have been for over 2 years. My scan is in April but haven’t got the date yet. I only suffer from tiredness and slight itchiness and also occasional joint pain. 

I wish you luck with your scan results. It is an anxious time waiting and I try to keep as busy as possible leading up to the results. We all have been through the mill with all the appointments and operations. I am so grateful for immunotherapy and it’s amazing results   I had a very high tumour burden and things have improved so much over the last few years and the last Petscan just showed a shiny area near one of my kidneys. 

I also wish KTathome good news with her scan results. 

Lgrgdg90
  • Hi, that is really good to hear that things have improved for you. As you say just keep busy and try and stay positive. Nivolumab seems to be the way to go for me at the moment too. Good luck with your scan in April.