Pembrolizumab treatment

• 30 replies
  • 70 subscribers

I’m about to start this treatment as a precaution for a recurrent melanoma. Is anyone on this single treatment and how are the side effects? 

• Hi I started this treatment for the same Reason as yourself in January this year I've had two treatments so far and no side effects  up to now :) good luck X

• Thanks SparleB71 that’s reassuring. I hope that continues for you x 

• Hi Balletstar

I developed a melanoma on the back of my right thigh February 2020 and started my treatment May 2020 and for me it’s a 6 week course and I’m due another March 18th. Some people have no side effects at all but for me I usually feel tired for a few days after my treatment but this soon passes. I’m person of colour and I developed small white patches on my hands and arms and legs called vitiligo which my consultant assured me that was a good sign the drug was working and just recently a few months back I developed Rhinitis which is like having a permanent cold but that was sorted with prescribed medication a nasal spray which worked a treat. I haven’t had that many side effects, you take the good with the bad and hope the treatment does the job. I will finish my treatment by the end of June with one more CT head and body scan which I hope will come back clear as the previous 3. Keep positive and I hope the treatment helps.

• How are you finding it ? I am due to start this treatment on Monday and a little anxious x 

• Hi, I was on single Pembro and it has worked for me after 8 months. I did develop a Glutten Intolerance and my Colitis (I have a history of this) flared up quite dramatically. 

Kdon24
  • that doesn’t sound great at all , hope your keeping better health now. 

• Thanks, I didnt feel any symptoms on the double doses of Pembro for the first 6 months and I felt great. I dont mind the side effects given the results for my Tumors :). How are you?

Kdon24
    1. @Kdon24 I feel absolutely fine today and have Been at work as normal . Hoping this continues as the list of side effects terrifies me x 
  • It does for everyone who is prescribed Immunotherapy. 

Kdon24
  • Have you had positive results on your tumours ?