driving

• 5 replies
  • 74 subscribers

hi everyone new here so not sure how this works

i am/was a taxi driver for over 20 years

in 2018 i had srs surgery on a small brain lesion it lasted a little over 20 minutes

because of this my taxi license has been permenatley revoked

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I can see from your profile that after you had SRS for the lesion in your brain nearly 2 years ago you have been NED. That's great news that you no longer need treatment but obviously not good news that you have had your taxi licence revoked. Can you apply for it to be reinstated after a period of time being NED?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• thankyou for your reply latchbrook

no i can't reapply no matter how long i'm NED but can drive same car anywhere with my family etc,have scan this friday so will have scanxiety

• That's a shame about your taxi licence . Has this meant a change in career?

All the best with your scan on Friday and let us know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Maybe your MP or transport minister would be able to help, I to have problems with the DVLA I think they think we have brain cancer and not cancer in the brain.

• thankyou to latchbrook and boots for reply, not a good time to be trying to contact GP's in times of covid and in a way they don't want to know i  hadn't even a headache and it was picked up on routine scan yet they will ask was it seizures or fits etc and they don't understand SRS one doctor said did i get 33 sessions when i said i got one session he said it can't have been too serious and he filled in form that i could drive but DVLA over ruled him