Advice needed - post WLE and SLNB

• 4 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Can anyone help please. I get confused - maybe someone can help explain to me. So my melanoma was 1.1mm without ulceration. In U.K. I think that makes me 1b. Had it removed and they ssaid ‘it’s all out - the melanoma has gone’. Had WLE and SLNB last week with skin graft. Results are 4th July. Got told by consultant highly unlikely to have spread to lymph nodes - but I’ve seen plenty saying they were 1B before op and then went straight to stage 3 etc. I had this melanoma for years and years, being told it was just a Bcc … obviously now I know different. But why do they say it’s ‘all gone’ if they then check it’s not gone to lymph nodes. How would it get there if no ulceration. I am going to be so anxious for the next 4 or 5 weeks waiting for results. Also - has anyone had a BCC for years that then turned to a melanoma diagnosis? Thanks in advance Pray

• Hi  

I'm not medically qualified but as I understand it, having had both melanoma and breast cancer, when they say "it's all gone" I think they are referring to the fact that there is no evidence of cancer being left in the area that has had surgery. However, can I suggest you give your SCNS a call to check this through with her.

Waiting for the results is really horrible but someone once said to me that "worrying won't change the outcome but will ruin the present" and I've tried to follow that ever since, not always completely successfully.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your WLE and SLNB both come back clear.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Jacqui I, how did you get on with your results? 

• Hi, 

yes unfortunately the cancer had reached my lymph nodes .. was in one of the 2 they removed. Now stage 3a. 
    xx

• Hi, sorry for your diagnosis. I had mastectomy and lymph node involvement was found off my pathology results. However, at start  results showed no involvement. After my mastectomy I had second surgery which was a lymph node clearance,  results showed one out of eight cancerous. Now waiting for my CT and bone scan results which is terrifying . I will find out what kind of treatments I will need. How is yours going? I was diagnosed on 3rd January and still waiting for treatment. Waiting has been the longest.