Enlarged lymph node in breast

• 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hi

i was diagnosed a year ago with stage 4 melanoma. I had a skin graft on my wrist and all my lymph nodes removed from under my armpit. 2 out of 25 nodes removed were positive for melanoma but CT scan showed no other suspect areas. I was then given a PET scan which showed a 5mm speck in my sternum which was advised was melanoma. I started Ipilimumab and Nivolumab and managed 3 rounds before the side effects meant I needed high dose steroids and the treatment stopped. However the CT scans showed that there was new healthy bone growing where the speck had been so I had responded well to treatment. I then started Nivolumab every 4 weeks.

My most recent CT scan showed a lesion on my left breast which had gotten bigger so I went for an ultrasound and mammogram and was told everything looked normal and the lesion was an enlarged lymph node. The following week I was sent for another ultrasound but was then told when I arrived that I was in fact getting a biopsy as the lymph node is enlarged at the same side they removed the cancerous nodes last year.

This has knocked me for six as I’m feeling so well and been doing so well on the treatment. Has anyone else had experience of an enlarged lymph node that has turned out to be fine? I’m trying to stay positive but fearing the worst! 

• Hi I had melanoma removed from my right lower leg, 

6 weeks ago I had SLNB done still waiting for results? But this morning I have woke up with under my armpit sore tender on right side.