New diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hi all

I have recently been diagnosed with malignant melanoma of the lymph nodes and been told that surgery not an option due to the depth of the cancer and likely treatment will be immunotherapy. 

I say "likely" as 2 months since diagnosis, still no idea what stage it is and my appointment with oncology to discuss all this isn't for another 2 weeks. Frustrated to say the least as first went to the doc's in August last year about this.....! is this normal??

Still feels surreal and hasn't yet sunk in, suppose until I know exactly what is going on then it won't feel real!

• Hi and welcome to the melanoma group

I'm sorry to see that no one who is currently having immunotherapy has replied to your post yet. If you click here it'll take you to previous threads where immunotherapy was mentioned. You could have a read through some of the more recent ones and respond to any of the posters if you think they can help you further.

As regards timescales. If you look at my profile you'll see that I first went to my GP in July 2016, had the excisional biopsy in October, was advised I had melanoma in November, had the wide local excision and sentinel lymph node biopsy in February 2017 and got my results back from that in March 2017. So a broadly similar timescale to you.

If you want to find out what Stage you are before your meeting with your oncologist in a couple of weeks you could phone your SCNS and she should be able to tell you from their records.

Do come back and let us all know how the meeting with the oncologist goes.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"