Biopsy

• 7 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Good evening forum

Finally got to have biopsy yesterday, so relieved. 
Now the tense wait for results. Have fingers crossed, just hoping the consultant is being extra cautious by removing it. 
The hospital sheet said removal of atypical mole but treat as if melonoma. Does anyone think that the consultant thinks it’s melonoma but won’t say anything till  histapathology results come back.

regards 

andrew

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Andrew,

The wait for results is the part we all dread. I am going in for my WLE and SLNB next week. All I can say is try not to over think things now, hopefully you will get your results soon and can then deal with facts.

Easier said than done I know as I have been going down all sorts of dark holes this week! So I shall try and follow my own advice.

Good luck.

• Thanks Anne 

been down this route before, just wish I had a little inkling to what the consultant thought it was.

regards

andrew

Andrew 
  • The need to know is so strong so you can begin to process the whole thing.  Please don't Google, please don't think the worst.  There have been people on here in your position who have had negative results.  My mole for instance remained symmetrical the whole time and only when it became crusty and bleeding did the GP s take notice, ggrrrr. 

Just noticed you said you've been down this road before, other moles removed?

Take care, fingers crossed you get good news x

• Hi allotment , yes was diagnosed 2 years ago this January with stage 2A / polypoid nodal at melonoma . Currently the mole that got excised had black part in it.

Andrew 
  • Sorry to hear you've had a diagnosis already. Did you get WLE or SLNB at that time or/and drug treatment?  I do hope that it hasn't reoccurred hon and I can now understand better how worried you must be.  I think maybe there needs to be a permanent group just for those waiting on results. It is so hard and during the pandemic it's got so much longer.

I'm sorry to say you can't read anything into the behaviour of your consultant or the time of results appearing. There's no correlation between it and the likelihood of melanoma but being human we always think like that, I know I did.  Are you able to go to work as usual and is that a distraction? X

• Hi allotment 

yes am able to work, biopsy was on abdomen melonoma was on my back.had wle then a delayed sentinel lymph biopsy .(negative), no other treatment. Have a check up every 3 months and that’s where my mole was picked up.

regards 

andrew

Andrew 
  • Thank goodness for these regular check ups - it’s such a tricky disease. Fingers crossed you get results soon