melanoma

• 2 replies
  • 57 subscribers

new member first post, got diagnosed with stage three melanoma just before xmas. had app to remove lymph nodes from my leg all went well. started my targeted therapy about six weeks ago, and it knocking hell out me now three weeks in. taking tafinlar and kekinist. have came off then for a few days as advised from my cancer nurse. has anyone came across the same problem. thanks 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I don't have any experience of taking tafinlar and kekinist, more commonly known as dabrafenib and trametinib, or dab/tram for short, but there are lots of people in the group who do. If you type 'dabrafenib and trametinib' into the group's search bar it will bring up previous posts which mention these drugs. You could then have a look through some of these and reply to any of the more recent posters if you think they could help you further.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks for the help latchbrook x