4 months after Slnb and WLE

• 3 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hello. May I ask if anyone has continued to experience pain and swelling 4 months after surgery? I have also in the last few days developed swelling in my ankle (Melanoma 2a was on the inside of my thigh on that leg).  I also have a sizeable swelling under the Slnb site and I have continuous discomfort and heaviness thigh to knee. Is this usual 4 months on?  I would be very grateful to hear other people's experiences please. 

• Hi

I had a peek at your profile before I started my reply to see where your SLNB site was but you haven't completed it yet. I'm assuming with you saying that your melanoma was on the inside of your thigh that the SLNB was either in your groin or behind your knee.

My SLNB was in my armpit, so probably not in the same place as yours, but all swelling and discomfort had gone after two weeks when I went to have the wounds looked at by the surgeon and to get my results. I'm not saying that that area or where I'd had the WLE wasn't still sore, but they were no longer painful and certainly not swollen.

If you haven't already I think it would be a good idea to speak to your SCNS today to get her advice.

Do come back and let us know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you for your reply Latchbrook. I have an appointment with the CNS next week. I will write a little on my profile soon but to be honest the whole experience with Covid delays and other Dermatology service problems has been so challenging I didn't want to be negative and distress others. 

• I'm sorry to hear that you've had a torrid time  and I hope your appointment with your CNS goes well next week.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"