Itchy mole..

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hello all, it’s been a while since I’ve been here but felt I needed you all for some reassurance and reality check today. 
For a few weeks every time I’ve got in the shower my back has itched in the same place and the reason I’ve noticed is I’ve had to satisfy the itch under the water spray. I’ve also been feeling anxious last couple of months, just thinking the worst - it’s weird as it’s been 16mths since I had my melanoma cut out, anyway this evening I asked my husband to place his finger on my back under my right shoulder on a mole if he could see one. The minute he did this I identified it as the exact same itchy spot. I asked him to take a picture, the picture looks like an e on the abcde scale.. but I’m just wondering if I’m over reacting. 

• Hi

It's always worrying when you find an area of your skin that you feel falls in to the ABCDE list.

On a couple of occasions I've found a worrying area so phoned my SCNS who has got me an appointment with my consultant a few days later. Thankfully on both occasions it turned out not to be anything to worry about.

As you think this lesion falls into the ABCDE list just give your SCNS a call on Monday and you'll probably be seen within a few days. My consultant always tells me that if I'm worried about anything it's better to get in touch than leave it.

Let me know how you get on when you phone on Monday.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

How did you get on when you phoned your SCNS about your new itchy mole?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"