Pregnancy after a melanoma diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

I was wondering if anyone has had any recommendations regarding pregnancy following a melanoma diagnosis?

i was diagnosed with a 0.44mm melanoma on my thigh in September 19.

i have 2 children who are 5 and 3 and I am 36 this year. I am aware if I want another child that time isn’t on my side.

obviously I have tried to research this and can’t seem to find a definitive answer. What I am trying to find out is has anyone been told pregnancy could  increase the chance of recurrence or any other primary melanoma?

If anyone has their own experiences that they could share?

thank you 

• Hi

I don't have any personal experience with pregnancy and melanoma but I noticed that no one had replied to you yet.

If you type 'pregnancy' into the search bar in the group you could have a look through the posts which mention it. I had a quick look but didn't notice any that mentioned whether being pregnant could cause melanoma to recur.

This might be a good question to put in the ask a nurse section of the community and it will be interesting to see her answer.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"