Any links between melanoma and body and limb shakes?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 55 subscribers

Hi all,

I haven't written in a while now,

I had a melanoma removed along with some lymph glands, I see my consultant every 3 months and all is looking good

However, I now have some shakes in my hands which means I can't type, I can't use my mobile phone at those times as well.

The shakes can be that all of my body shaking, I fall to the floor too, sometimes they can last half an hour, then other times it can last for days, during those days I can't get off my bed, go to the toilet or go to the kitchen. I have just had an appointment to see a neurologist who wants me to get two loads of blood tests and a scan of my brain,

He said that it may be a tumour on my brain.

Has anyone else on here had similar things happen to them, or heard of similar stories off a link between melanomas and brain tumors?

Many thanks..

Melvin..x

• Hi Mel, I am sorry to hear how you are doing, I feel for you as my Dad had Parkinson’s disease and had shaking due to that. I was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma back in 2015, a few months after that many newspapers had stories about Jimmy Carter (ex president of USA) they were saying how he had melanoma that had spread to the brain, he had surgery and then immunotherapy Pembrolizumab that worked very well for him and is still no evidence of disease after his health problems. His story kept me positive when I started on Pembrolizumab back in 2016. 

Good luck with your scan and the neurologist.

Take care KT