Lymph node biopsy

• 4 replies
  • 46 subscribers

A few weeks ago I had a ct scan and I was told that they could see compared to the ct scan I had in the past for something different that my lymph nodes in armpit were different so I now have to have them biopsied under local using ultrasound. I have it booked in next week. Has anybody else had this so I know what to expect. I was a bit shocked when I was told as means it might have spread to the lymph nodes but at least it not spread else where yet. Also do they take the lymph nodes out if it has spread.

• Hi  

I haven't had this procedure, so can't help with what you should expect, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list and hopefully someone who's had it done will pop on and reply.

Anne

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I had lymph nodes in my groin removed called dissection  they took them all out after biopsy showed spread there, its done under a general, and i stayed in for a few days, and i came home with a drain, that was 2 and a half years ago, not to painful, but went to outpatients clinic after for a while  better to be safe xx

Betful
  • Hello

I discovered I had melanoma when I found a lump in my armpit. My doctor referred me to the breast clinic initially where they did a biopsy which I wasn’t expecting but don’t remember it being particularly painful 

• I didn’t have it removed but did have immunotherapy