Dabrafenib and trametinib

• 2 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi has anyone experienced a slight cough on dabrafenib and trametinib. It does state to tell your doctor but not contact hospital so I guess that means to tell at next appointment which is next Thursday. It does say its very common its not all the time just comes and goes temperature fine. Feel fine. Just tied from going back to work after Christmas  break. Don't want to ring alert number for minor. 

• Hello   I have just picked up on your post and am so sorry to see it's gone unanswered. I can't give you the information you have asked for, I have a different cancer. By me replying however your post will be "bumped" back to the top of the forum and be seen by other members of the Community - and I hope you get the information you are looking for.

You could always ask your question to Ask a Nurse . Just click on the link provided and when the page opens up just click on +new to post your question. Just allow a couple of days for a reply.

I hope the above helps.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Miss Mole

Sorry to hear you're on this path, yes I've been on Dab and Tram since April last year. I've had infrequent coughs that come on for a few weeks and seem to subside. Obviously as its a medication that attacks your body it will make it easy for you to pick up any bug going around. I've mentioned this to my Proff on visits and been told not to worry too much. My main side affect is sore joints which I take Prednisolone to help reduce. Be aware of the side effects, there are a few but I consider all points like you have where if I don't have a high temp or bleeding then I don't take it as urgent. Its always good to check in with your Macmillan nurse rather than worry or wait. 

Greg