First consultation

• 2 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi

My partner has been diagnosed with a melanoma on his thigh PT4b.

He has his first consultation at The Christie next week

What should he expect from this first consultation

thanks 

• Hi

Is this just to discuss the Node biopsy and WLE? 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your husband has recently been diagnosed with melanoma and I know what a worrying time this will be for you both.

My first appointment after I was told that I had melanoma was to see a plastic surgeon to discuss the WLE and SLNB. Your husband could give his SCNS a call to ask her what his appointment is for so that he can prepare questions, etc.

It would be great if you could put something about your husband's diagnosis into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"