Mum has non curable lung cancer

• 2 replies
  • 152 subscribers

Hi there,

So mum was diagnosed by chance in November when had a infective exacerbation of COPD (well no infection was found they now say)

A CT showed a small lung lesion and fast forward to now it is in chest lymphnode.

I don't really know what to expect at present she appears well.  We have been told cannot biopsy due to location deep in lung so may cause a pneumothorax (unlikely to survive that with her age and co morbidities).

I guess joined to hear others experiences and I returned home to be here for Mum but no idea if this could be years or months.  She is so good at present but know that can change whenever 

So just saying hi and would like to connect with people in similar position.

She hasn't been offered pet scans and radiation will be for symptom management only

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Wishing both you and your mum all the best

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"