Lung Nodule

• 7 replies
  • 146 subscribers

Recently diagnosed with a 1.3 mm lung nodule in upper right lung.  They are 85% certain it’s malignant. VAT surgery is scheduled for May 15th. Has anyone had the surgery using VAT?  How long was the recovery period and how soon were you discharged from the hospital?

• Hello I also have a nodule and had a biopsy recently but it came back inconclusive.. why do they think it’s malignant?? Have you had a biopsy?

• Hello Dashi,

I had VATs surgery 7 weeks ago for a 9mm right middle lobe nodule which has come back positive as lung cancer.

The surgery went very well,I  am left with an approx 5cm scar on my breast and a small one underneath from the chest drain.

I was home on day 5 after surgery and I was off all the strong pain killers within 2 weeks.

I did however get an infection in my chest drain site so that caused me a few issues. All now healed.

I feel well in myself just can't overdo it as chest still very tender to touch and on certain movements.

But otherwise out walking and keeping active.

I hope this helps and I wish you well x

• Hi I'm Dave I have been diagnosed recently. ( 1 month ago ) with a 1.5 cm nodule after a ct scan and pet scan. doctor says 95% sure cancer as I recently had bowel cancer ( the ct scan was checking that that was still clear as it is ) that and a ct scan in December 22  didn't have any sign of lung nodule then. So that's what makes them sure it's cancer. I lost my wife to lung cancer only 2 weeks ago of course I didn't tell her or anyone else about my nodule she was in enough pain so worrying about me would only of made things worse. Bloody Cancer can be a vindictive sod. I'm just waiting to see Surgeon on 3rd of May to get date for Surgery. Not even saying goodbye to my dear wife ( 48 years together) until April 30th. But I'm going to beat the Bas☆☆rd .

• Hi there,

I had an upper right Lobectomy last August to remove a 17mm Mucinous adenocarcinoma. The key points for me were

1. get as fit as you can prior to surgery, even the smallest gains can be really helpful. 

2. the first week post surgery was probably the most challenging, but not as bad as I thought. I was discharged after 3 days.

3. Take the painkillers when they are offered in hospital - it makes it much easier to cough to clear your lungs and start the breathing exercises.

I felt pretty good 6 weeks after surgery and back to normal at 12 weeks. It’s normal to feel a bit breathless at first. Moderate exercise I.e. getting a bit breathless and sweaty helps you recover some of the lung capacity you’ve lost (15% with upper right Lobectomy) as does keeping up with any lung exercises you are given.

I’ve just been through my first six monthly check which was clear. Sounds like it has been found early for you which is absolutely key. There’s a lot more information in my profile but feel free to ask any questions you might have.

• Hi similar to you I had an upper right lobectomy last June was out of hospital in three days fit as a fiddle absolutely fine had my three months check clear had another three months scan clear but I still get a lot of chest pain mostly is nerve pain in my chest and around my ribs, but I still feel a heavy achy feeling within my where I think my lung is and it worries me all the time because I keep thinking it’s the cancer come back. I’ve Still got a cough similar to the one before surgery it’s not very bad and it’s quite intermittent and odd days I cough up mucus. So all in all, I am a bit of a hypochondriac now with every ache or pain scaring me to death. Drug because I am EGFR positive mutation and some people say that drug causes the cough. I am told that my prognosis is good, but I really don’t feel like the same person anymore. I feel like I have this horrible parasite threatening to come back and get me.

• Hi hope it won't comeback I had a right lower lobectomy last November 2023 start chemotherapy on the 2nd of January I had 4 sessions it was horrible very painful you know what is chemotherapy, but now I started an immunotherapy last week is so different, now I just have pain on my right chest I think is the neve pain the same as before the chemotherapy  what I advise you and my self not to think about it and be confident all the best 

• It's tricky what our minds do to us, isn't it. I've always been a bit of a hypochondriac and had my first fake heart attack in my 40's. Right now, the slightest cough or sore throat I put down to the diagnosis and am looking forward to them finding out more about what's going on so I can start to get my hopes and fears into some sort of order. I can see exactly what you mean about parasite, I will be examining my own feelings soon...