Hello

• 4 replies
  • 148 subscribers

Dear fellow forum members,

I’m waking up on the first morning after my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and feeling very emotional, daunted but what lies ahead for me, my wife and my two children.

Im hoping there is lots of support and kindness out there as I know I will need it.

• Hi Matski, welcome to the group but so sorry you find yourself here. 

It is such a shock when you find out a loved one has cancer.  Your emotions will be all over the place at the moment.  The early days are the worst, as it is such a shock, and you feel that your whole world has been turned upside down. I know when I was diagnosed, I felt like it wasn’t real, and that it was happening to somebody else.

Has your wife been given a treatment plan yet ? X 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Matski, 

Never nice to see a new name here, or read a new story, but be assured we all have shared similar emotions.

This is a place of shared experience so understand what you are, and will be going through.

There are many different groups which will provide support when you need it most so dont be afraid to ask.

Take care.

Dave. 

• Good morning Matski

sorry you and you child find yourself in this situation. It is never easy for anyone involved, you will find this forum Rey supportive for all of you, your wife may like to consider joining as well. We are all here for the same reason, and we all support each other through good and bad days.

I have advanced lung cancer (stage 4) if you click on my user name you can read a bit more about my journey so far. You will be very confused and emotional at the moment, there will be lots of appointments scans etc to attend and a treatment plan to talk about, so over the next few weeks you will be busy and I suspect your wife will be tired from it all, we are here to chat to when you need, there is always someone who will answer your questions.

For now take care and sending you all a big hug

Donna

• Hi there welcome to the forum , sorry you find yourself here because of your wife’s diagnosis …. The first diagnosis is an emotional and sad place to be , the shock and fear are beyond description… I’m newly diagnosed , but have just got my treatment plan , you can read my story if you click onto my name … I’ve found this group so supportive during the initial diagnostics but also the macmillan support line are amazing and if you have a Maggies centre close by they are incredible too …. Reach out when you’re ready for support because it’s out there for you . Elly x