Dads cancer diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 144 subscribers

My Dad has had the most appalling experience. He lost 20kgs in weight,had a cough we thought he was clear. Turns out his scans were sent to another man's notes and we wasn't aware. The hospital red flagged it.

He has masses in both lungs and has spots all over his lungs too..its took 19 weeks to get biopsies and a pet scan done today. He was out by 10.30 and the rang at 1pm to say an appointment had been made for Friday. This is very quick.

Really don't think its going to be good news. They have already said its not curable.

Just struggling. My Dad is my rock. Trying to stay positive but my gut is telling me otherwise.

• Hijojade84

i understand your worry totally, I have NSCLC Adenocarcinoma treatable but not curable. You say the hospital made a mistake Sending your dads scans to another persons records, whilst I know you must be upset and angry about it, try not to focus to much on it at the moment, my advice is put in a complaint if you wish and let process takes it’s course, then focus on your dad, and look after yourself, your dads going to need you to get through what comes next for him. Please feel free to read my profile it might help you a little and if you have any questions please feel free to message me, if I can be of any support at this time I will, I happy to answer any question you may have.

in the mean time take care and message me if you want

Regards Donna

• Hi JoJade84 welcome to the group, but sorry you find yourself here. 

That is awful that your dads scans were sent to the wrong patients notes. Donna is right, you can make a complaint to the hospital via PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) which you can find online. 

I know how scared you must be feeling waiting to hear the news on Friday. Are you able to go with your dad to the appointment? X 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge