New here, hi!

• 32 replies
  • 149 subscribers

Hi,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, my mum was diagnosed last week with lung cancer, thats all we know at the moment we don't know what type, she hasn't had a biopsy etc etc. I've been lurking since then reading everyone's posts and experiences, so thought it was time to say hello, seen as it looks like we will be sticking around!

I just want to say thank you, as reading everyone's posts has answered some unanswered questions, and also made us realise that cancer is not always a death sentence.

We are currently preparing for the worst and hoping for the best, if anyone has any advice for me, it's welcomed. Advice on how to support my parents through this time, anything small that people just appreciated. 

Thanks 

• Hi samae, it seems like only yesterday i was talking to you about your mother, and why it was taking so long to get in front of the oncologist, today l here your dear mom has left us, So sad, but at least your still here , so head up samae and keep going, it will pass, you can do it 

• Hi Samae

Absolutely gutted to read your mum has passed away. I haven’t logged on in a while as my lovely mum too gained her Angel wings. We had 5 weeks with her from the point of diagnosis, she passed away on 27th February. It was completely unexpected for us. No decline in health, I saw her the afternoon before and she looked so so well. The next morning she got up, went to take her tablets and collapsed and that was it. The doctors didn’t even see it coming - all thought we had a lot more time. She didn’t even make it to her first oncology appointment. I really hope you are doing alright. Life it so unfair. Please reach out if you need to

It would have been my mum’s birthday today, we already had a cake ordered - so we are having a bbq garden party for her. Just take comfort in these small things and know she is with you everywhere. You will always carry her with you. Sending you and your family So much love sweetheart xx