I have non small cell cancer also in one of my lymph nodes

• 2 replies
  • 160 subscribers

hi all i'm afraid to say i've just joined your club i have non small cell cancer also in one of my lymph nodes will be told on monday when i will start treatment i'm high risk so have opted to take radiotherapy & chemotherapy so would appreciate other members experiences of non small cell cancer treatment thanks paul

• Hi Paul  I also have nsclc diagnosed last Feb 2021 which spread to centre of chest treatable but not curable, I underwent 3 cycles of chemo cesplatin and vinorilbin plus 30 sessions of radiotherapy, I’m now on immunotherapy till April but things are looking good tumour has shrunk from 6cm to 2.5 . Has been tough going but seems to be doing it’s job. It’s the tiredness and lack of energy that I don’t like . The radiotherapy only took 15 minutes every day mon to fri no side effects until the end , difficulty eating and swallowing so was given Oramorph and just ate soft foods. Hope this helps you , take care 

• hi evelyns i'm sorry about delay in thanking you for reply i'm afraid not used to this site yet ! i started the same chemo as you on monday & 4 weeks radiotherapy on monday after chemo so it's early days for me so far i felt a bit tired on mon but sessions were much longer than expected & radiotherapy stay on for overtime to treat me got out at 6.15 pm & next day dog had to go to vets & was kept in until 6 pm & had radiotherapy at 3.15 in hospital so lots of chasing around felt fine today so far radio at 3.45 pm today so hope for the beast thanks again for reply .paul