Mums diagnoses

• 16 replies
  • 147 subscribers

Well what a day this has been. Mum attended hospital to get full results from the consultant and its been like a bullet to our hearts.

She was told that she has stage 4 lung cancer that has spread including to her brain. We have been told mum can have a biopsy and possibly chemo but that sadly for her there is no cure. Consultant has said mum may not be strong enough to take the treatment but mums determined she wants to fight. We have been told a timeframe but mum doesnt want to know. So its such a hard time for us as a family we want to treasure her now and keep her as well as possible for the time we have left with her.  Her biopsy is booked for next thurs

• Hi  . I'm so very sorry to read about your Mum's diagnosis, your family must be devastated. It sounds like your Mum is a determined lady and wants to put up a fight and as she doesn't want to know the timeframe it's you the family who must be positive for her but I know how hard that will be.

You've joined the right place to get support and chat to others on the same cancer journey but I'd like to suggest you also join another couple of groups: Supporting someone with incurable cancer. and Family and Friends . You can discuss freely and in confidence your fears and gain support from other members in the same situation. Just click on the link I've created and join.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your Mum's journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thank you so much its good to know there is someone i can chat to and reach out when i need too. I have an amazing support network as does my lovely mum xx

• Hiya, I am at the same point with my dad. He's just had a biopsy. They have said he can't be cured. We know the timeframe, but he doesn't want to know, just like your mum. Reading through your post I felt like you were me! Sending you strength, as I know how much of a storm the last few weeks have been for me, so imagine you are going through the same. Allow yourself time to cry, I believe it really helps. 

• Thank you we are in a whirlwind at the moment as you must be. We are treasuring every minute with her. Bringing as many nice treats as we can and hoping beyond hope we have hee for as long as possible 

Take care and thanks for replying if you need a chat please dont hesitate to contact me xx

• Thank you. Same to you! Xx

• My same sex husband has been diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer few months ago and given a year left to live . 
    I feel you and know exactly what stage of this trauma you are in. Stay strong and you will need every inch of it 

• Thank you. I find I allow myself moments to break, cry, and then I carry on. We have moved our wedding forward from 2 years away to 9 weeks away because I don't do it without my dad. 

• Thank you we are trying to stay as positive as possiblexx

• That's all we can do! Dad's gone into hospital now, with an infection :( x

• Oh dear. Sending u the very best of luck .