Pan coastal Lung cancer

• 6 replies
  • 144 subscribers

Hi to all,

Anyone else have Pan coastal Lung cancer?  I'm finding that although my arm and shoulder area are very painful and having had Chemo and Radiotherapy, I don't seem to have a lot of the side effects that others are experiencing and it would be interesting to speak to anyone with this.  Although I do understand, everyone's experience is different.

I have lurked for a few days and found that the threads are very helpful in all kinds of ways from knowledge to just knowing we're not alone.

Be interested to hear from anyone.

Thanks

• Hi K52A and a very warm welcome to the group, although sorry you have found yourself here. As you are probably aware Pancoast cancer is quite rare. We do have a member here in the group who does also have this. I will tag her name here as she has not been around for a few weeks.  also has a blog which you can read HERE

Have you finished your treatment now? There are several people here who are just starting their chemo or radiotherapy, and it's always good to have someone here who has recently experienced it. We also have a general chat area, where you can come and talk about things that do not have to be cancer related.

I am sure others will be along soon to also welcome you.

Take care

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Chelle,

Thank you.  I understand that it is quite rare, I've tried not to look up too much on the internet and rely on or ask the brilliant staff at the Hospitals ( 3 so far, Basingstoke, Winchester and Southampton).

I have finished my Chemo and Radiotherapy just before Xmas and will start Immunotherapy on Monday, fornightly for up to a year.  Last week I had my Breast and CT scans and have an appointment this Friday with consultant to discuss, bit apprehensive about that.  Treatment so far has been tiring but think I am lucky in that I've not had too severe side effects. 

I have to say I am being quite positive about it all though, nothing like a diagnosis to focus you on what's really important and I find that I have better view on life too.  Oddly enough it is the small things too, I noticed that my nails have never been healthier (go figure!) and I am stronger than I thought I was - so every cloud Slight smile

Will try and navigate my way round the site a bit more and get to know people.

Karen

• Hi Karen, there are a few People here that are either on, or have finished their Immunotherapy, and they have done very well on it.  

Good luck for the appointment on Friday. If you need any help finding your way around the site, just give me a shout and I will try to help.

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Karen

Love your positivity! Hopefully your post will help others on here who are perhaps struggling with the whole diagnosis/treatment process.

Sending you good luck for tomorrow.

Kegsy x

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011
  • Had my meeting with the consultant and although the lung cancer had shrunk with the chemo and radiotherapy, it has also spread to my adrenal glands, he also confirmed that the breast cancer had grown but that has not yet been treated so that is not a surprise.  So, after a couple of 'poor me' days, I am back and have another appointment on Wednesday with the original oncologist to discuss what comes next.  At least I know that I am receptive to chemo as a treatment and a posssile suggestion was made that I have immunotherapy and chemo together.  I was meant to start immunotherapy today, that has changed.  I have heard good things about immunotherapy and hope this will part of my future treatment.  Just have to wait for Wed's call to see what's happening.  Think this is the worst part - the waiting! 

Que Sera!

• Hi K52A.  That is really good news to hear that the lung cancer has shrunk. You have such a lot going on, so not at all surprised that you had a couple of down days.  I have heard of really good results of people having chemo and immunotherapy together. You are right, the waiting is torture, hopefully you get some good news today from the call today.

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge