This is only my second post. 

My brother has stage 4 lung cancer and since I last 

Posted it has spread to the brain. He has had treatment for

this a month ago.

Throughout the 4 months I've supported him 100% and he is 

Getting worse but refusing to go into hospital.  He lives with 

His son who is very little support and i got to the stage where 

Things have came to a breaking point. I've taking a step back

Which meant his son had to step up which he is not happy with.

I dont want to cause tension but the last 4 months have taking their toll

On me and I need a break but also my husband and family see I need to have some time out.

I feel guilty and constantly worry but the last 3 weeks I wasn't sleeping and having 

Panic attacks. I just feel helpless .

• Hi

I am so very sorry that you have cause to be on here.

Perhaps this is not the best Group to be seeking advice from.  You will receive much better support on the Supporting Someone With Incurable Cancer group.

Kegsy x

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011
  • Hi  I am sorry to hear about your brother, and I can understand how overwhelmed you are feeling right now. Caring for a loved one is hard, especially if other family members are not helping. 

has mentioned the Supporting someone with incurable cancer forum  where you can connect to other members who are in a similar situation to yourself. You can also chat to someone on the Macmillan support line on 0808 808 00 00. 

Sometimes we have to take a step back for our own mental health. Your brother lives with his son, so he has support, don’t feel guilty for taking time for yourself. Once you are mentally stronger you will be able to cope with what is ahead more easily. 

Take care 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • That's just it . His 50 yr old son doesn't support him. My brother has always done everything in the home and now he hasn't the energy. Up until recently I've done the pile of dirty dishes and overflowing bins . Washing etc and that day id just had enough refusing even to support his father in hospital and doctor appointments etc.

I was just going to burst with anger . Since then his son has had no choice but to step up and was annoyed he had to dress his father to accompany him to hospital. I feel guilt and sick with worry. But I know if id stayed in that house any longer I would have exploded .

I will look at the support on here and thank you for your reply.