Hi everyone my mum s positive news

• 14 replies
  • 107 subscribers

Good evening everyone 

I hope your all doing ok and trying to keep positive 

it’s been a while since I’ve posted on here. But thought I would post tonight to give you all some positivity. 

my mum was diagnosed with 3a squamous lung cancer in March 2017 left lung & then had stage 1 on the other lung  1 year later 

she was unable to have surgery due to her COPD and had chemotherapy and radiotherapy and then SABR 1 year later on the other lung. She has been followed up every six month and today she has the results of her CT scan with contrast and all is looking good. 

she’s not had any further treatment since. 

keep on keeping on 

hope Kissing heart

• Hi . That's great news about your Mum. Thank you for coming back and sharing it with us, that's what makes us keep on keeping on!

I'll tag , the Community Champ for this group who's on holiday at the moment to let her know!

Sending hugs and best wishes, B x

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Hope 1972

I'm so happy to hear you good news ! 

I have just joined the group because my mum has been diagnosed with lung cancer in both lungs we have just found out the left lung tumour has spread to her lymph gland and we are waiting for another ct scan. She was unable to have surgery because her breathing function was too low so she has just started chemotherapy and was due to have radiotherapy too but we are unsure if that is going to be possible now until we know the increased size of the left lung tumour.  So until we get the next ct scan results its all a bit up in the air what is going to happen. 

I feel so all over the place at the moment but I was so happy to see your news it gave me a little hope that she might be able to get through this.

I hope your mum continues to stay well and thank you for giving me hope at this difficult time Heartpulse 

• Hello 

I totally understand that you feel all over the place it’s absolutely heartbreaking Broken heart. My mam had it in her lymph nodes too and believe it or not my dad was diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus a few weeks before my mum was diagnosed I felt like I was on a roller coaster hanging upside for about 12 month . We got through it and there both here thanks god and living a good life. 

my mams breathing function was terrible but I explained that she could never do it correctly, so they ended off assessing her ability to walk and how far without getting out of breath because the breathing test didn’t really show a true reflection. 

please try and stay focused if you can because there is loads of different treatments out there. Even if she can’t have radiation she might be able to have immunotherapy as that seems to be an option now. 

keep asking questions to them I was a pain in the ass. Tell your mam all the positives that you read on here , keep her positive 

good luck 

I’m here if you need any other help or a chat 

take care 

keep on keeping on 

hope Heart eyes cat 

• Thank you Mrs B 

I remember chellesimo from when I was on the last time. 

• Thank you for you very kind message, 

I'm trying to stay positive and strong for her its so awful to see her so sick the chemo is making her feel terrible is so heartbreaking to see her so vulnerable.  Immunotherapy was discussed in the beginning so maybe that might be an option. 

It seems like you just get a plan and then its all goes up in the air again and its not possible so you have to get another plan together. We hoped for surgery in the beginning but everything has gone wrong right from the word go.

She was diagnosed in March and has only just started treatment it all takes so long and that makes me so very anxious that is spreading and growing all the time. 

I'm so sorry to hear you have had such an awful time with both parents you must have been in bits.

I was so glad to read your message it gives me hope in what feels like such darkness. 

Thanks again for replying 

Alfus x

• I needed to read this right now

im so glad your parents are doing so well.. long may it continue

In a similar boat with my mum she’s stage4 lung with mets to liver/adrenal/bone her prognosis rolled in this week (at the time they wanted to discuss it she shot them down) 2/3m without treatment she was diagnosed almost 2m ago she started radiotherapy last week.. and 6/12m with treatment so this post has given me a boost in hope.. so thank you from the depths of my heart! 

• I thinks hope1972 has given us both a bit of a positive boost.  Its such a difficult time especially when waiting so long for treatment to start and even more stressful when it finally does.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that all goes ok

Alfus

• Honestly that why I posted it because in 2017 I just read doom and gloom and no one seemed to have a positive story. It’s so hard as no one seemed to have any positives for my mam and right at the beginning the 1st oncologist said the treatment was to prolong her life . Then  the top top guy said it was for curative. My mum missed a few chemotherapy sessions due to her white cell count being low and that’s not made a difference to her luckily. It took months for both of my parents to start treatment too. 

• It is all stressful , I couldn’t think of anything else it was in my mind all day and all night. You will get through it . Keep pushing for treatment s , I used to ring my mams and dads nurses all the time and ask if there was any update ? 

• Diagnosis was made 7w after my daughter was born so as you can imagine it’s been just shocking to say the least.. that was 8w ago she started radiotherapy last week but had to miss one due to it being too painful for her to lie luckily she had an appointment the following day after a treatment and they said well squeeze you in for the missed lung session.. she didn’t want to hear the prognosis at the start of finding out so they told her at this appointment after the radiotherapy had finished which she’s tried keepin to herself due to me being at a wedding tomorrow and she “didn’t want to ruin it for me” I mean.. what?! I think the next thing I’m gonna do is speak with her cancer nurse but chemo is due to start in the next 2/3w apparently she’s yet to receive a start date on that.

Its just horrible to see my mums 57 she’s still so young for this to be taking her away from me absolutely breaks my heart ..x