Hi everyone my mum s positive news

• 14 replies
  • 105 subscribers

Good evening everyone 

I hope your all doing ok and trying to keep positive 

it’s been a while since I’ve posted on here. But thought I would post tonight to give you all some positivity. 

my mum was diagnosed with 3a squamous lung cancer in March 2017 left lung & then had stage 1 on the other lung  1 year later 

she was unable to have surgery due to her COPD and had chemotherapy and radiotherapy and then SABR 1 year later on the other lung. She has been followed up every six month and today she has the results of her CT scan with contrast and all is looking good. 

she’s not had any further treatment since. 

keep on keeping on 

hope Kissing heart

• Hiya Manchester 

I think you have quite enough to cope with right now . A new born & your mums diagnosis. Your mum is so young to have this crap going on in her life , but youth is on her side, so in a way that maybe on her side during her treatment. My mum was in her 70s with COPD and although was awful to see her going through treatment and could still cry thinking about it she managed and got through it. It’s a not a sprint but a marathon and everything seems like it takes forever. Remember I told you one oncologist said to my mam the treatment was prolong her life and the other said curable. I think half of the time the oncologist s and the MDT  don’t know as everyone reacts and respond s differently to treatment. There is plenty of people on her with cancer like your mums has positive stories. 

give yourself a break just for today & try and have a good day at the wedding. 

take care 

hope Heart eyes

• Its so difficult to see your mum going through something so tough isn't it. My mum has tried to be a tough cookie and positive saying she has beat it before she will beat it again,  she has had breat cancer and bowel cancer and got through that. 

I think as mums they try to protect us and stay strong .

My mum is 67 so I hear you when you say its horrible to see your mum 57 having this fight on her hands. It is truly heartbreaking to see your mum goes through this.

I'm sorry to hear you found out so soon after your daughter was born it must be tough when you have just become a mum yourself to be facing the worry of losing you mum.

Try to stay strong and positive and take one day at a time

Here is you want to chat 

• Hi Hope1972, lovely to hear from you, and what wonderful news that your mum is doing so well. I remember when she was starting her SABR treatment. Thank you for coming back to share your happy news, it does give everyone a boost to hear good news stories. x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi

your story is so uplifting which is something I believe we can all benefit from.

im just over two years into my treatment and mine spread after radiotherapy to the pleura however a short course of immuno helped and now on clinical trial at the royal Marsden that is working very well thank God