Tomorrow may be the day

• 18 replies
  • 68 subscribers

I had a phone call from the surgeon yesterday morning offering me a cancellation for a lobectomy on Monday. Of course I said yes. I have to go to the hospital today at 12.00 for a PCR test and all being well will be admitted for the procedure first thing Monday morning unless there is an emergency. It seems to have been a long wait and part of me hopes it will happen. The other part of me is rather frightened. There’s no reason to think that there will be any major problems but you never know. 

I’m currently watching TV to take my mind off it but feeling so unsettled is not easy. I’m having the surgery via RATS as this is the surgeon’s speciality so I consider I’m rather lucky. 

It’s the recovery period that’s bothering me. It all so strange and new as I haven’t had major surgery before. Does anyone have any wise words please?

• I think it's great you being offered a "cancellation" which eliminates more waiting and the inevitable worry time before your operation. I hope your PCR test id clear and you go ahead.

I had my right lung removed buy open surgery in 2014 and like you had never experienced anything like it before. Don't worry about recovery, it should be quick and relatively easy, I'd just advise to follow instructions for recovery including exercise. All being well your stay in hospital should be short - I had my op Tuesday and was home Sunday despite a minor complication that set it back a day or two.

I wish you all the best, you'll be just fine.

Derek.

Made in 1956. Tested to destruction.
  • Thank you so much. Yes, I was very pleased to be offered a cancellation. I’m definitely planning to do all the exercises as directed as I want to recover as quickly as possible.

Made in 1952 Fran

• Hi Daisychain, I agree with Derek, I think it is good that you won't have much time to think about it.  The sooner it is done, the sooner you will be on the road to recovery. 

Wishing you all the very best for tomorrow xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Still navigating my way around rhis site so hope I'm posting in the right place.

Best of luck for tomorrow Daisychain.

Will be thinking about you.

X

• Thank you.

I love harebells. Very beautiful and dainty wild flowers. Love your name as well.

xx

• Best of luck for this morning Daisychain x

• Daisychain, did you have the op ? If yes, how did it go? Appilogies if you've already said so.ewhere else.

I still don't k ow my way around this place.x

• Yes Harebell, I did. I’m so glad to get it over with as the waiting was doing my head in. The recovery period now seems rather problematic. Blood pressure is going up and down like a yo-yo and I’ve been suffering from indigestion. Apparently I have a mild chest infection but it’s nothing I’ve done as I’ve been doing what I’ve been told to do. It’s not their fault either as  they have protocols to follow. Having said all that I feel better than than I did on Monday evening.

I think I saw you didn’t have good news but I’m sorry things are a bit of a blurr right now

• I am glad that you have had your op, and although you have a few niggles with recovery, it sounds like it went well. I hope you feel better soon xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge