Tomorrow may be the day

• 18 replies
  • 68 subscribers

I had a phone call from the surgeon yesterday morning offering me a cancellation for a lobectomy on Monday. Of course I said yes. I have to go to the hospital today at 12.00 for a PCR test and all being well will be admitted for the procedure first thing Monday morning unless there is an emergency. It seems to have been a long wait and part of me hopes it will happen. The other part of me is rather frightened. There’s no reason to think that there will be any major problems but you never know. 

I’m currently watching TV to take my mind off it but feeling so unsettled is not easy. I’m having the surgery via RATS as this is the surgeon’s speciality so I consider I’m rather lucky. 

It’s the recovery period that’s bothering me. It all so strange and new as I haven’t had major surgery before. Does anyone have any wise words please?

• So pleased you've had your OP Daisychain. I thought you might have, as you went quiet for a while.

It sounds as if you are making steady progress.

I'm having a bout of radiotherapy next week which I'm pleased about. X

• The surgeon said it went well but currently it doesn’t feel that way. Never mind, I shoulbe going home in the not too distant future xx

• It’s early days, don’t try and push yourself xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • So glad you’ve heard about your treatment. It’s been a bit of an up and down week. Highlights were getting out of bed. Low was being uncomfortably constipated for at least two day and having indigestion. I didn’t realise how miserable and uncomfortable it all is.

I had to spend the day in bed today after having Atrial Fibrillation as the are now having to control it. The good news - the cardiac surgeon said it was relatively normal after lung and heart operations and would get better on it’s own. Fingers crossed.

I rally want to go home but I still have to be patient and see what tomorrow or Sunday brings.

I hope your radio therapy goes ok. 
    xxx

• I was feeling a bit sorry for myself the other day. A bit like an overtired child having a tantrum. I’ve been on some medicine to try to stop the Atrial Fibrillation that now seems to be working, morphine and paracetamol for pain, medication to make me cough, anti-biotic drip for 30 mins each day for chest infection and ducolase (I think) for constipation. I’ve finally manage a solid 4.5 hour sleep, the most I’ve had over the last 3 days.

I’ll maybe get a bit more sleep by listening to an audio book or podcast now.

• Don't blame you for being sorry for yourself.You've been through a big ordeal!, physically and mentally.  Hopefully you'll be home soon and can recuperate in the lovely sunshine.  X

• Love to sit outside so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some warm ish weather.

When’s you radiotherapy? Xx

• It starts on Monday. and is staggered over 2 weeks.  I think it's because of the bank holiday/jubilee. 

So 3 sessions next week and two the week after. X