At the very beginning and confused.

• 31 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Hi Everyone.i had some xrays done recently because I thought I'd damaged my rotator cuff.

My shoulder xray came back OK but they were concerned with something they could see at the edge of the xray. So wanted me to have a chest xray.

I had the chest xray and I had a phonecall of the GP to say there was definitely something there.

This led to me being put on the 2 week pathway and sent for a ct thoracic scan as the Gp suspects lung cancer.

I had the ct scan which was over a week ago  but nobody will tell me the results.

2 days after the scan I had a phone call to arrange to go for a lung flow test and then to see a Respiratory Consultant after the tests.

My questions are

a) Will this Respiratort Consultantt be able to tell me the results of the ct scan? (even thoughthe scan was done at a different hospital)

b)  Does the fact it's an RC and not an Oncilogist mean it's not lung cancer?

Or (frightening myself here)

c) the fact I'm not seeing a Respiratory Consultant an Oncologist means there's something on the ct scans that shows it's spread and untreatable, so there's no point in me seeing an Oncologist?

How do these things work?  Is it normal to see a Respiratory Consultant  first., before an Oncilogist?

Any advice much appreciated as I keep phoning the GP surgery to try and get results of the xrays and scans and they fob me off and are very vague about things.and treat me like I'm being a nuisance 

Thanks