Driving and finding an "understanding" insurance company...............

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Hi folks, I've tried to summarise my journey so far on my profile. Feel free to have a read.

"Tumour wise" it started  in July 2019.

I have an inicidental finding of a tumour in the posterior fossa. I'm asymptomatic. MDT in October 2020 recommends "watch and wait"

I was only informed by my surgeon last week of the need to inform the DVLA so I sent off form B1 on Monday this week.

My car insurance is due in a month and I'm concerned it'll go through the roof?

Has anyone got experience of particular companies and how they received the news of a tumour?

Maybe this is the least thing to be concerned about?

Any comments much appreciated.

M x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

Whilst I don't have any experience of having to inform the DVLA and my car insurer of a brain tumour, I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I tried searching the group for previous posts which mention car insurance but drew a blank I'm afraid. However, I have found this leaflet produced by the Brain Tumour Charity on driving with brain tumours which you might not have seen. If you scroll down to page 21 you might find the information under the heading 'Will the cost of my car insurance increase' useful.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Oh thanks so much :-). I had searched and found very little so really appreciate this link. I'll let you know how I get on

M x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

So followed this up and found it reassuring. When I searched for quotes I found a drop down menu for DVLA notified medical conditions. There's an option for "DVLA informed and no restrictions" which seems to apply. It doesn't affect the value of the quotes.

Feeling more relieved.

M x

• That's good to hear that if the DVLA hasn't given you any restrictions that it doesn't seem to affect the cost of car insurance Slight smile

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"