grade II Astrocytoma & Temozolomide chemotherapy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Hey, 

I am a 25 year old girl with a grade II Astrocytoma since 2016. I have had PCV chemotherapy, radiotherapy and resection surgery.

Unfortunately, this month my Astrocytoma has started growing again (still grade II) and I have started taking temozolomide. I have experienced really bad nausea and also headaches within the first week.. 

Has anyone else experienced this??

is there anyone else who has had 

• Hi,

Temozolomide makes you sick, on the 5/23 regimen, you get smacked around day 3-4 until day 6-7. I remember on occasion I spent 2-3 days in bed unable to do much other than watch TV. It is much better all the other days of the 28.

Good luck

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to akist

Thank you, did you get headaches at all? just as I’m on day 5 and I’m feeling really sicky and I’ve got such a headache.. 

thank you Heart

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi,

I hope that you are okay and progressing well with your treatment. I am on same drug as yourself. At the moment, I am about to begin my  9th month of treatment. At the beginning I had sickness that was controlled by ondasetran 8mg tabs. Must admit they have done the job thus far. With regards to headaches, mine come and go and if they are too much, take paracetamol. The worst side effect that I have is constipation. The second, is fatigue. I find short walks are good help to boost your energy levels. 

If you any questions let me know.

All the best,

Karl