Loss at cross road

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 5 subscribers

I have been struggling every since came out of hospital, the low grade tumour has been removed, I am free, I am all good.

But where do I go from here now and future?

I have had such a bad luck that my beloved husband only just died two years ago left me no children and family, and found myself in hospital dealing with a low grade tumour, as for the tumour, I am cool with it, it has been cut off, and it either never come back, or come back in very long time, and believing future treatment can heal it again which will give me another long period to live, I could live life in full I am so sure of it.

But. the guy I have been seeing, decided not go ahead  due to the unforeseeable future. Tumour scares everyone, especially those who hasn't got one themselves, this saddened me.

I am perfectly normal at work, at home, doing everything just like everyone else, no medication, I am even happier than a lot of people who define themselves as normal, only because a possible future, a possible yes or possible no, I will have to see myself different.

I do not know whether I should look myself as normal as others, live with a potential condition? or I should see myself as a tumour survivor? this bugs me so much now in looking at whole life picture of where should I position myself in the society.

Meanwhile, I meditate, do TaiChi, running, dance, and take holiday as much as I can.

Any suggestion would be appreciate.

• Hi newjourney 

You ARE One of the lucky ones as the tumour was removed and yiou can now just get on with the rest of your life .if the guy left you then possibly it's best all round as he couldn't support you thru those difficult periods you hope you won't ever need to find yourself in ever again. Death comes to us all  you had a tumour  but I have not  but I could have a fatal car accident one day. If I had a choice which of the situations do you imagine I would choose .I am the mother of a 30 year old son with a  malignant tumour in the brain  and whilst he is stable at the moment the future is uncertain as treatment keeps things stable for short while only. I only wish you the very best. Do think of yourself lucky and carry on with your life. One day you may meet someone STRONG who is able to cope and join you on the journey you are on.

Good luck best wishes. You CAN do this. X

Madesp 
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Madesp

Dear Mad

Thanks ever so much for your message, I am really sorry to hear the condition of your son, yes when we are in a situation that is bad enough for ourselves, people we look at their best may suffer something we do not know, I hope you son coping well and find strength and inspirations, it is such a hard thing to deal with yet we all have to face it when we got it.

yes, I am pick up each day of my strength, and I watch a lot of those who beat the doctor's words survived much longer and steal doing very well, and I believe I can make the same by looking at life in a different angle.

I can imagine how you feel and hope you find strength too to cope with,  ultimately we all die of one way or another, it make life so precious while still have it. 

I wish you all the best and give you and your son my love, strength, prayer.

Cleo