Waiting tests

• 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

Hi,

I got through treatment for cancer of the womb last year but have now been told I have a mass showing on my liver and am waiting for an mri scan as I have other symptoms as well. I am trying to be positive for my family but in all honesty I am so scared especially as i was told when having my treatment that I carry the BRCA gene passed down from my grandmother to my mother who both sadly passed away from breast cancer which also spread.

It is a conversation I have to have with my children as they have the option also to get tested but I just don't know where to start with that one, especially as my son has just had a baby daughter.

I am just struggling so much and I don't even know yet if it has spread.

Dorris55 

• Hi

I'm sorry to read how worried you are that your cancer may have spread and I think it's something that we can all identify with.

I noticed that you also posted this in the womb cancer group and wondered if you'd seen that you'd had a couple of replies? If not, clicking here will take you to them.

You mentioned that you have the BRCA gene so I thought you might find it helpful to join and post in the BRCA positive group where you could ask others how they have gone about having that difficult conversation with their children. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"