Awaiting a proper diagnosis.

• 11 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi There, 

I'm Jill and I have heard this morning that the lesions found on my liver have grown and now merged. The lessons were diagnosed 5 weeks ago as I had a pulmonary embolism in November so needed a CT scan to try and identify the cause. I have had blood tests and a gastrophoscopy which were all good. I'm terrified as the survival rate for liver cancer doesn't look good. I have a biopsy on the 5th March but not sure how to cope with the coming days. I was told at first that the lesions were small but was later told the size of them and not sure if they are 9cms or 9mms. I can find that out though. It doesn't sound like there is much chance of the lesions being benign so I wonder if anyone can help coping strategies for the next 10 days. Thank you. 

• Thank you so much Mrs Green, I'm so glad your treatment is helping. You are so right about not looking things up. I have stopped now and will suggest other people do the same. I'm so pleased to hear that you are finding happiness and may this be the case for a long time to come. I will take your advice and be aware of anything that should be reported, you are right the nurses are great and do an amazing job. 

Take care

Wishing you all the very best. 

jlaw. X