Not sure what to say?

• 1 reply
  • 15 subscribers

Hi there

Not sure what I’m trying to gain from this I guess any information and/or experiences?

Husband is 36 and has been all clear of bladder and kidney cancer for just over a year now after fighting it 3 times in 12 months, but about a month ago he started getting discomfort in the side where the kidney cancer was first detected. He has waited 2 weeks to see a gp who immediately referred him for an urgent scan suspecting cancer as his liver is enlarged. He is also having bloods and has done a stool sample. He is worsening by the day, the swelling is visible from the outside, he is pale and feeling sick and very fatigued.

After doing research we have discovered several symptoms he’s been having (some for months - loose stools, dark urine, frequent urination, swollen hands) may suggest cancer so we are sort of prepared for the worst. 

Im so confused at his last scans in August came back clear so I can’t believe this is happening. We have 3 children aged 2-14 and have just moved 100 miles across the country to start a new life so have no family or friends nearby and we are both out of work as he was supposed to be starting a new job but now everything is up in the air.

Trying to stay positive whilst we await all these tests but also trying to prepare myself for hearing those words again.

Thanks for reading x

• Hi  

I'm so sorry to read that you and your husband may be facing cancer again and I'll be keeping everything crossed that there's a non-cancerous reason for his symptoms.

When you feel up to it, it would be great if you could pop something about your husband's diagnoses and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"