Hello

• 2 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi, I'm Steve, I'm 65 now and was diagnosed with HepC 15 years ago. After 2 lots of Interferon/Ribavirin treatment I was given the all clear.

But....not before it had left me with Cirrhosis. 

I always had a sub 10mm "Area of concern" but last year it became "Changed" It was diagnosed as Heptocellular Carcinoma and was Ablated a week later.

Subsequent scans showed OK until a scan 6 weeks ago showed another "Area of concern" last weeks scan result came with an appointment with my Consultant who has told me this new tumor is 30mm long and not suitable for ablation and will be suggesting a Liver resection as a cure with a Transplant on the cards if the resection is not sufficent.

Not the best intro I've ever done.........I usually get a laugh.

Anyway, that's all for now this surgery should be quite "exciting " in a dangerous sort of way.

Cheers

Steve

• Hello Steve

Welcome to the Online community. I hope that you find it as supportive and informative as I have done. 

I am sorry to hear that another area of concern was shown after your scan 6 weeks ago. 

I hope that your surgery goes well and that you do not have to wait too long for it. Please let us know how you get on.

In the meantime if there is anything else that you need please do ask. There is also a Support Line available from 8am-8pm daily (number is at the bottom of this)- and they are lovely on there.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi ,

My name is Matthew, and I’m from Macmillan’s Online Community Team. I’d like to wish you a very warm welcome to the Online Community, and to say thank you for sharing a little bit about what brought you to the site. We hope you will find the Online Community a warm and supportive place to be.

For what it's worth, I think your first post was a good introduction! Wink 

I'm sorry to hear about your recent scan results, but it sounds like there is a good plan of action in place. How do you feel about things?

I know you said you think the surgery might be 'exciting' in a way, but I want to make sure you know that you can access support from Macmillan and the Online Community whatever you're feeling. We'll be here to listen!

Alongside exchanging support with other Community members on our forums, you can also get support and advice from Macmillan professionals over in the Ask an Expert forum. After posting your question in the relevant forum group, a Macmillan professional will aim to respond within 1 to 3 working days.

Finally, as  has already kindly mentioned, if you need to talk to someone in a more private one-to-one setting, our Macmillan Support Line teams are also here for you. They’re available 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm, on freephone 0808 808 00 00, or via email or live webchat.

Once again, I hope you will find the Online Community supportive and helpful, and I hope you get in touch with our Support Line teams whenever you need them. To reach us in the Online Community Team directly, you can email us at community@macmillan.org.uk, or you can send a private message to the Moderator account.

All the best,
    Matthew
    Macmillan Online Community Team