Liver cancer

• 3 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hello all, my dad has not long been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer and has been given months to live, I am struggling a lot with this and can not accept this at all, it’s so hard knowing that he is going to die soon and I can’t and I won’t accept this, how do you all cope with this, it’s come at such a shitty time, near to Christmas and my 40th in January and I need to accept that my dad might not be here then, I’m finding it so so hard , help. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm so sorry to read that your dad has recently been diagnosed with incurable liver cancer and I know what a difficult time this will be for the whole family.

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups and I think you might benefit from joining the supporting someone with incurable cancer group as this will give you the chance to connect with other people who have a loved one with a terminal diagnosis.

If this is something that you'd like to do, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. Once you've joined you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Walshy, I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago and given a life expectancy of 1 year. I'm struggling so hard but determined to do the best I can for as long as I can. My thoughts are with you and your dad xx

• I've just joined today and my heart really goes out to you it's going to be a tough one but with support you WILL get through it. Take every offer of help. I'm at the other end I am 67 and recently diagnosed with an unusual form of primary liver cancer. My prognosis is not good but we make the most of the time we have just being there for each and talking honestly and openly. Yes there are many tears but it works for us. I wish you and your dad  much love and the hope that things may not be quite as bad as quoted Hearts