Secondary liver cancer

• 2 replies
  • 17 subscribers
  • Hi just joined my husband has he had bowel cancer within 4 months he has secondary aggressive liver cancer and is just about to start aggressive chemo been told without it he will be looking at 12/18 months maybe …!  he is 80 and wants to go for it … I’m so worried this may take him away from  me even earlier has anyone else had connections with this .
  • Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your husband has been diagnosed with bowel cancer which has spread to his liver and it's natural to feel like you do.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post in the bowel cancer group and secondary liver cancer group, as you'll then connect directly with others who have the same type of cancer as your husband.

To join just click on the links I've created which will take you straight there. You can then join and start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could pop something about about your husband's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Sandbanks I have advanced bowel cancer. I’ve had two spreads in my liver in less than 6 months. I had a liver resection following the first one, and it spread very quickly. I was given the option of no treatment, which would only give me 6-12 months and I’m only 59. I’ve been having chemo and am waiting for scan results. If they show a good response I was told possibly two years. If your husband wants to try chemo, my feeling is that you should support him. If he suffers badly from side effects after the first dose, then encourage him to stop. I had two doses of an aggressive chemo and it made me so ill that I had to stop it. My opinion, for what it’s worth, is that as long as you keep talking to each other honestly, then you’ll both come to the same conclusion. Wishing you both lots of luck.