newly diagnosed with aggressive secondary liver cancer

• 1 reply
  • 15 subscribers

Evening all, just joined online community and now this group. Original cancer in bowel now mets in liver. Commencing chemotherapy and although had before feeling wobbly about it all. Given poor prognosis without treatment so feels like eveything is hanging on success of chemo.Just doesnt seem real, but it is and once the treatment starts I have a feeling its all going to catch up with me. would like to know if anyone had experience of Ironotecan chemo and had any problems with acute cholinergic syndrome?

Thankyou in anticipation and please bear with me I do not have a lot of experience with forums etc or social media.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your bowel cancer has spread to your liver and it's natural to want to find out how other people have got on with treatment.

I don't have any experience with either irinotecan chemo or acute cholinergic syndrome but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. I used the search bar to look for previous posts in this group that mentioned both of these but drew a blank I'm afraid. This might be because this group is for primary liver cancer so the treatments will be different.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post this in the bowel cancer and secondary liver cancer groups where you're more likely to connect with people who have knowledge of the treatment and syndrome you mention. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the links I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

It would be great if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"