Liver cancer

• 4 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi everyone I've just plucked up the courage to write on here. I normally just stay in the general chit chat room . I took poorly in November 2021 8 months later I got the diagnosis of liver cancer .I was given 6 /12 months to live but I'm way past my sell by date thank god. I don't even no what else to say really .x

• Be thankful. I'm only 6 months down the line with Liver Cancer and like you given a poor prognosis. Normally I am quite strong but as soon as we started to put the decs. up I started to think about what if this is my last Christmas and no matter how hard I try the thought will not go away. Reading your post has given me a bit of hope. Thank You

• I feel so dearly for both of you Cry I'm in this group because I wanted to find out more about liver cancer as my dad got diagnosed last May, and as it's such a rare disease, there isn't even a Dutch forum about Hcc. So I just wanted to   meet some people who actually are going through this, as a family. It's strange how the mind works... When my parents visited me to tell me my dad had liver cancer, I cried my eyes out for a week. Thinking I would lose my dad pretty soon.. The dad of one of my friends died some weeks before, 6 months after being diagnosed. My dad is still here, 6 months after being diagnosed Punch. He had radio embolisation in May , in Octobre they saw the cancer had spread, so this won't be an option no more... They're doing immuno therapy now. I get you, Mrs green... And im soooo rooting for you.HeartHeartpulse Like I said, it's strange how the mind works. When I found out my dad had cancer, I cried for a week, knowing he d be gone in 2 years . Now I'm just happy for every month I still have with him Heart️ 

• Hi  I know exactly how you feel. I started with pancreatic cancer which has gone to the liver. My prognosis is 4 to 6 months. My main worry is wherever I with regard to the 4 to 6 months? Does this  start on prognosis or part way through. Is the prognosis a lot less.  When putting the decorations, like you, my mind went to "this is the lastbtime

• Last time? It's really strange how something just seems to hit you. My trouble is the sickness. Today I went for something to eat with my husband. The meal came, one look and it was to the toilets. Morphine in the morning sometimes makes me sick as,well, although I had the sickness before the morphine. I think all we can do is to take a day at a time, make sure that you complete all you want to do and hand out as much love to make up for the days we are not here. It just struck me how putting the decorations up brought sadness. Try and have the best Christmas and try to enjoy what you can. Merry Christmas to you and yoursx