Liver cancer

• 1 reply
  • 9 subscribers

Good afternoon just to say that I was diagnosed with liver cancer may last year I started chemo in July and it kept putting me in hospital I started chemo with a different medication this year I can’t have surgery due to respiratory problems I had a ct scan on the 23rd then the 30th of this month I had a meeting with my oncologist and was given the bad news that the cancer had grown and no treatment was available I asked about clinical trials or radiotherapy and was told that my body wouldn’t be able to cope with the treatment I’m waiting for the palliative care team to phone me back I phoned my drs surgery Friday as it’s left me feeling really on edge my dr failed to phone me back on Friday as promised I’m finding it difficult to relax or concentrate on anything at all just thought I would ask for some general advice 

many thanks 

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that you've recently been diagnosed with liver cancer especially as I can see from your previous posts that you have previously been diagnosed with prostate cancer and then bowel cancer. 

I'm guessing that over the years you've developed techniques for coping but it's always handy to hear what other people are doing. I'm not a member of this group, as I had a different type of cancer, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier for the other group members to see.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis, including your previous diagnoses, and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"