I am loosing my dad

• 6 replies
  • 11 subscribers

I am broken,  my dad is everything and I am losing him, I need to be strong for my mum and dad and family, my heart is breaking for them.

• It’s terribly painful. I am losing my dad too so I do understand how sad and heartbroken you are. Sending lots of hugs for you. 

• Hello Puss

I am so sorry that your Dad has liver cancer. I can understand how heart breaking it must feel for your whole family to be losing Dad.

I hope that you are getting all the support you need from Dad's team? Although you feel you need to be strong, there is no right or wrong way to feel or act at these times. All I can suggest is that you go with the flow, accept that it is a very sad time and keep sharing how you are feeling with each other. Talk to Dad's nurses. They will have been in situations like this many times and they will be able to help with advice in medical matters, emotional support and in practical ways. 

I see you have joined the Friends and Families group and that is a good safe space to share your worries.

We have a Support Line that I recommend you think about calling if you just feel you want to talk things through. Sometimes it just helps to express how you feel to someone. The number is below and they are lovely on there. They would also be able to tell you if there is any support available in your particular area. 

Please also use the forums as much as you want, even if just to get things off your chest. It does help.

Am so sorry that you are all going through this and Macmillan is here for you and your family in whatever way it helps. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• I’m sorry to hear this . I am losing my dad too and we have been nursing him at home for 6 weeks now . It’s heartbreaking and I hate seeing my dad in this state . Thankfully he’s not in any pain but seeing him declining every day is breaking my heart . I am emotionally drained and I feel like I’m at breaking point some days but I have to pull myself together and plod on as i have to be there for dad . Sending hugs xx

• I'm so sorry, take care of you xx

• Lots of love. Same position. xxx