Portal vein embolisation and expected liver resection

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi

1. I have bowel cancer with mestastases in the liver and 2 patches in the lung. I had my portal vein embolisation about 8 weeks ago. I saw the surgeon yesterday and he told me the liver tumours have grown and I need to have more chemo and further scans to see if a resection is possible.

I just admit I feel a bit low today as I had prepared myself for surgery.  Trying to be positive.

Angela

• Hi

It sounds like you have an awful lot to deal with at the moment so it's no wonder that you're feeling a bit low. I'm hoping that as you posted this a few days ago you are feeling better now.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post this in the bowel cancer group, which I can see you're a member of, as I'm sure you'll find others there with secondary liver and lung cancer who will understand completely what you're going through. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

(((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"