Diagnosed 2 days ago and need support

• 3 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi, I have been diagnosed with leukaemia on Friday and now at the hospital (Barts in London) waiting for further blood tests and results of the corona test before starting treatments. I’m french, 36 yo, I live in London and I’m a mother of 2 young children (3 and 6). I most probably have Acute myeloid leukaemia but yet to confirm. I’m looking for any type of support. Not sure where to start...thanks a lot. 

• Hi

So sorry that you find yourself in this situation but the team at Barts are fantastic. 

I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia 8 years ago when I was 42 and had all my treatment at Barts. You can see my story under my profile. 

With the added worry of Covid-19 it must be really difficult for you. All you can do is take one day at a time and stay strong. 

There is a great deal of support in the forums and there are others going through the same situation as you.

I can see you have also joined the AML group. If you have any general questions about Barts feel free to ask and I know there will be lots of support in the AML forums.

take care and stay strong. 

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

• Thanks a lot Paul.it is so great that you share you story on your profile :) it gives me hope.

I have been in London for 5 years and, in other circumstances, I would have maybe like to be treated in France close to my family and friends. I don’t know anything about Barts but so far they have been great. Helps a lot for me to read that you had a fantastic experience there!

thanks again Paul. 

take care. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Heya, 

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. My boyfriend was diagnosed in October with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia so I can imagine now tough it is for you at the moment. He very luckily is in remission now. 

Is there anything you want to know - I'd be happy to share from our experience Blush