Spot on my kidney

• 3 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi,

I have just joined the group, but I am not new to cancer. I was diagnosed seven years ago with bladder cancer and have been clear. However, due to surgical complications I lost my right kidney. I have a spot on my remaining kidney, which has been there for years, but has changed slightly, so my oncologist wants to do an additional scan in the next six weeks. He doesn't seem over concerned, but naturally I am given my history. Not really too sure what to say, but I would welcome any input.

• Hi  

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I'm sure some of the forum members will be along soon to share their experiences with you.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Ianw,  I can’t offer any input as such as this is all new to me.

I hope the scan brings good news for youFingers crossed

• Hi

Thanks. I spoke to my CSN after making the post. Apparently, I have a tiny slow growing mass on my remaining kidney, which they have been monitoring for sometime. My lungs are completely clear, which I knew and my kidney and liver function is fine. The consultant didn't seem too concerned and in the words of my CSN: "if we find anything worrisome it's in a very, very, early stage."

It doesn't matter where you go, there you are