Kidney removed yesterday

• 9 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Good morning all

just an update on me, I had my right kidney removed yesterday by keyhole surgery and I’m told it was a success. Think I’ll be staying in hospital another night as my blood pressure is low but the pain is subsiding. 

im happy it’s done now and can focus on recovering xxx

• Wishing every best wish and love. I’m glad the operation was a success. I had a partial nephrectomy on my right kidney in June. 

• Thank you. I hope you recovered well after your surgery x 

• Hi I am glad your are recovering well. Don’t worry too much about your low blood pressure. Mine was low after my partial. They took me off my heart medication for a few months. It soon rights itself when your body gets over the shock. Sending you all the best x

• Yes, the body goes through a lot doesn’t it. I’ve got my appetite back which is brilliant and on a drip plus downing loads of water so the blood should be flowing nicely now x 

• I’m recovering well. Unfortunately my incisions became infected so I had a course of antibiotics. I was in hospital one night. It was robotic laparoscopic surgery. I did not have the contact of a kidney nurse after surgery as she was on maternity leave. My doctors surgery provided after care.

• I’m glad you’re recovering well but sorry you had an infection. Take care of yourself xxx

• I'm new here. Will have my op in a few weeks. Good luck with your recovery. 

• Hi there Pearl, are you having your kidney removed? Hope you’re feeling ok with it or at least coming to terms with it all. 
    I can feel quite scary and overwhelming but you’ll feel a lot better once it’s done and just trust the experts x 

• Was told today that they will be removing the whole kidney and pipes

I was first told they wouldn't be removing much of my left kidney but on closer inspection they found more than they had expected. 

On the bright side apparently my right hand kidney is working very well