Update

• 12 replies
  • 39 subscribers

They got my pathology results back.  Margin is now clear, 38 lymph nodes were removed (only one cancerous one,)  Next is 6 weeks radiotherapy 5 days a week, PEG fitted and then possible 5 weeks chemotherapy, scared stiff!

Hazel x

• That’s a bummer! I know you were quietly optimistic when you started that you might escape RT

It’s doable. Just hard. Try not to be scared. Do as your team tells you, take everything they give you, don’t be brave, and stay with us here. 
    Hugs 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Hazel, it is all very scary, however you will feel a lot better once you start your treatment and get into the daily routine. Don't hesitate to use your PEG if eating gets difficult. The treatment is tough but doable, you will get there. Stick with us, we are all here to help.

Ray.

• That is a shame, but you will get through it and out the other side.  We are all with you.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Thanks Dani, I will, everybody on here has been such a help and comfort to me.  I'm so grateful to you all.

Hugs

Hazel x

• Thanks Ray, I will, everybody on here has been such a great help and support to me.  I'm very grateful to you all.

Hugs

Hazel x

• Thanks Peter, yes, I know everybody on here has been such a great help and comfort and I'm so grateful to you all.

Hugs

Hazel x

• Hi Hazel, 

I know it sounds scary, but your team have put together a clear plan and they will look after you. Good decision to have a peg fitted, I wouldn't have been able to do without it. Tough journey but you can do it, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Promise! 

Make sure you look after yourself and  don't forget that we are all here for you. 

I am sending you loads of positive vibes and loads of love .

Fab1

• Thinking about you Hazel. It's normal to be scared.  Sending you hugs and keeping you in my prayers. Two hearts

• Hi Hazel 

don’t be scared we’ve been through it and come out the other side. 
    Take everything one day at a time don’t look too far forward and trust and also tell the team any worries 

Any questions just ask treatments hard but if I can do it anyone can  

hugs

Hazel  

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• Thanks Hazel, yes, everyone on here has been a marvellous help and support (and you have all been through a lot worse.)  What scares me most is the dreadful side effects I hear about from the nurses and doctors and so on!  I'm such a baby where things like that are concerned.  I'm not at all concerned about the prognosis, I'm very positive about that, it's just the side effects.

Thank you.

Hugs

Hazel x