T4 Tonsil Cancer- its gone!

• 38 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi to all my lovely people who have been patient, kind and understanding during my darkest hours through treatment! I want to say a huge and heartfelt thank you to each and every one of you!

I had my PET Scan and after a stressful wait for the results. I was told they have got it all! I have subsequently had my follow up appointment with my consultant and the maxillofacial team and all is good! A couple of exercises but that's it. So much so I am returning to work on Tuesday!

It's been a journey as you all no doubt have felt during your own experience and it hasn't quite sunk in yet, but I want to thank you all for your unwavering support and kindness!!!

• Fingers crossed. all will change soon for you.  Water blisters sounds horrible!

Hugs

Hazel x

• That's such great news! I remember the feeling... Sounds like you're recovering well,  hope that continues! 

Catriona

September 2022 aged 63 diagnosed with HPV associated SCC base of tongue T4 N2 M0. Chemo & radiotherapy for 6 weeks ending Nov 2022.  Dec 2023 one year all clear. See my profile for longer story

• Hi Catriona, thank you so much!  Throat and eating still a challenge as I am 4 months post treatment so hopefully things will improve with time.  I am on phased return to work and my employer is amazing. I am very lucky! Sending love to you x

• Aw Hazel that's pants! I hope you get some positive news tomorrow I will keep my fingers crossed for you xx I am ok thank you. Still difficulty eating and residual pain. Will be thinking of you tomorrow xx hugs and love Jackie x

• Thanks Jackie, hope eating gets easier soon.

Love and hugs

Hazel xx

• I am so happy for you.Take care and don't rush work.x

• Hi Hazel how did things go today? I have been thinking of you and hoping you are ok? Sending hugs! Jackie xxx

• Thank you so much xxx

• Aw thank you Frank!!!! I returned to work on Monday gone but on phased return. They are amazing and very supportive xx

• Hi Jackie,  as you know,  I went to see my surgeon again today and he confirmed cancer in my lymph node too. Therefore, He wants to take more tonsil tissue (to ensure that he got it all, I am unclear as to why he didn't take it all when he did the Tonsillectomy) and a neck dissection to remove the cancerous lymph node.

He wants me to go on the PATHOS Trial, which I am told is a trial looking at the effects of reduced radio/chemo therapy to lessen the side effects of those radical treatments. He feels that that is the best course for me. I of course will be totally guided by him, but he did say that I need to have a week to go through all the paperwork regarding the trial and to go back and see him in a weeks time to tell him my decision. Then, he has 'pencilled me in' for the op on the 23rd September, which is an overnight stay in hospital.
    Thank you for thinking of me.
    Love and hugs
    Hazel xx