PET scan results

• 47 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi all. I was treated at Ninewells hospital in Dundee and had my PET CT scan on monday. They have been analysed already.  Do they give you the results before the follow up meeting or at the meeting?  I know Peter was there as well so if he’s reading this I’d appreciate some feedback. 

many thanks everyone 

• It’s the waiting game. It’s so sad that everything takes so much longer. Having a bank holiday won’t help either. Hugs and go do the can can but video it for us please. 
    Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• lol.. actually, I think I'll skip the video, just to save you from a 'Oh my god, what did I just watch?' moment. Wink

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Oh that is a bummer.  It seems some hospitals plan it all out and others do it by the seat of their pants.  I knew when my PET was and the follow up appointment ages ago.  It makes it so much harder on you not knowing.  Loz, tell them to hurry up with your results so I can celebrate good news for you.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • yeah, it sucks.. I've been planning a celebratory trip to 'The Smoke' all week.. checking the weather to find the best day to go... so still sitting, waiting, planning.. 

Loz (61)

• so today I phoned my CNS to see if my PET-CT results were in, and was told "Complete Metabolic Response"... does that mean what I think it does? just want to make sure.. OMG! I'm in such a whirl... but in a good way..

Loz (61)

• Complete Metabolic Response"...

Means there is no sign of cancer. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • that's what I thought, just didn't want to take it for granted.. so, a massive WHOO HOO from me, at last.. 

Going forward, am I classed as a 'cancer patient' for the next five years?

Loz (61)

• Brill no evidence of  cancer  well done 

hugs Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Yes next 5 yesrs check ups in remission.   You still need to declare  for yeavel  insurance etc. 

celebrate 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

• So, I would just like to thank everyone who helped me get to this point of my journey.. you know who you are.. thank you.. xx

Loz (61)